Monday, December 3, 2012

Last Post

This will be my last post while still in Amsterdam. How crazy is it that I have already been here three months? I feel like I've only just started working, but when I really think back I have so many memories that it seems actually like I've been living in Amsterdam for years now. I feel such an attachment to the Shelter Ministry and to the city itself; while I'm happy to be going home to see my family, I'm going to miss this place. Rather than try to put into words my experience here, I'm going to do one last picture post! Thanks for reading my blog; I hope y'all enjoyed it, and got something out of my erratically posted ramblings. 

All the staff members/managers from the Jordan - we had an ice skating day!

People decorate their balconies in the most interesting ways. Yes, that is a cow.

Sunset from my room!

The graffiti matched the scooter perfectly; it reminds me of a set or something.

The Westerkerk is a very beautiful church that i bike past most days on my way to work.

I love all the plants on this houseboat! Their whole house is their garden!

On the way to work one day.

In the fall, all the ivy changes colors and it is spectacular. Guest starring a bike. 

So many canals, I want pictures of all of them!

Changing seasons....

....changing leaves!

From the window of the houseboat museum, which is absolutely precious.

This is not a picture of a person in black face, I swear! It's not a racist thing. It's part of Sinterklaas; instead of elves, Dutch people have Zwarte Pete or Black Peters. I don't even know how to explain this,  just accept it. 


Sunset on a stormy day!

I just really like sunsets ok?



No comments:

Post a Comment